2011-02-16 Hunspell 1.3.2
Source (954 kB)
Hunspell is the spell checker of LibreOffice, OpenOffice.org, Mozilla Firefox 3 & Thunderbird, Google Chrome, and it is also used by proprietary software packages, like Mac OS X, InDesign, memoQ, Opera and SDL Trados.
- Extended support for language peculiarities;
Unicode character encoding,
compounding and complex morphology.
- Improved suggestion using n-gram similarity, rule and dictionary based pronunciation data.
- Morphological analysis, stemming and generation.
- Hunspell is based on MySpell and works also with MySpell dictionaries.
- C++ library under GPL/LGPL/MPL tri-license.
- Interfaces and ports:
AndroidHunspellService (for Android, based on the Chromium fork of Hunspell),
Enchant (Generic spelling
library from the Abiword project),
XSpell (Mac OS X port, but Hunspell is part of the OS X from version 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and now it is enough to place the Hunspell dictionary files into ~/Library/Spelling or /Library/Spelling for spell checking), Delphi, Java (JNA, JNI), Perl,
Python, Ruby (, , ), UNO, RichEdit.
Sponsors of project “Dutchspell in Hunspell”: OpenTaal Foundation and Dutch Language Union
Primary project sponsor: FSF.hu Foundation
Primary sponsor in 2008: IMEDIA Media Monitoring
Primary sponsor of the Hunspell development in 2003–2005: Budapest Technical University Media Research Centre (BME MOKK)
László Németh (e-mail: nemeth at numbertext dot org)
FSF.hu Foundation, Hungary